Basic nutritional recommendations of adolescents practicing sports – summary.
1 .Monotony should be avoided in the diet of adolescents. There is no product, which would contain all the nutrients, therefore only varied nutrition, taking into account various food products is able to protect the body against the occurrence of nutritional deficiencies. Therefore, you should eat a variety of foods of both plant and animal origin every day (grain products, dairy, meat, vegetables and fruits).
2. Children and adolescents should eat regularly at least 4 meals a day, each day, starting with breakfast at home, with even breaks between meals and training, and with the proper distribution of energy throughout the day (breakfast – 30%, 2nd breakfast -10%, dinner – 40%, supper – 20%)
3. Milk, cheeses, yoghurts and kefirs (medium fat) two should be eaten, and even three times a day. Including these products in the diet ensures a young body with an adequate supply of calcium, and in addition, it is a good source of wholesome protein and vitamins B2 and B12.
4. Meat and cold cuts are a good source of animal protein. In the diet of adolescents, particular attention should be paid to the consumption of fish, which should be eaten 3-4 times a week Other meats should be selected in a moderate amount of fat, poultry is especially recommended (chickens and turkeys) and veal.
5. Adolescents should consume a lot of wholemeal grain products due to their high mineral content, fiber and vitamins. Wholemeal bread is especially recommended, oatmeal and all kinds of coarse groats.
6. Vegetables and fruit should be eaten daily, having them at every meal. Adolescents who play sports should consume from 1,0 do 1,2 kg of these products in total.
7. In the case of young athletes, it is very important to hydrate the body properly. Body fluids lost with sweat should be replaced in the form of appropriate drinks, consumed during training and after its completion, bearing in mind that you need to drink more than your desire indicates.
8. Adolescents should limit the consumption of fat, especially of animal origin. Cream butter is recommended for spreading, however, vegetable oils should be used for salads and salads.
9. You should be moderate in eating sugar and sweets. If possible, young athletes should eat fruit and vegetables instead of sweets.
10.Eating between meals plays a positive role, provided that they are not undesirable "fast foods". As snacks, they are recommended in, among others. fruit, soki, yoghurts, cheese, milk drinks, vegetables and vegetable salads, fruit or meat and vegetables.
11 .Only these people are allowed to lose weight, who have adequate adipose tissue. The only healthy and recommended method of weight loss is to use a properly balanced diet with a negative energy balance.
Let's remember, rational nutrition alone is not a guarantee of the athlete's success or good health, however, without proper nutrition, adapted to the age, sex and physical activity of the young person, it is impossible to use its potential and maintain optimal development and health.